Scottish Weekend, Inc. admits persons of any race, national or ethnic origin
to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities of its events. It
does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age,
religion or national origin.
The Scottish Weekend Committee intends to provide an occasion for the
enjoyment of Scottish Country Dancing and to ensure the safety of the
weekend for all participants.
- Attendees of Scottish Weekend events are expected to conduct themselves
in a courteous manner.
- Anyone whose behavior is determined by the Scottish Weekend Committee to
be offensive, dangerous, or disruptive to the enjoyment of the event for
other participants will not be allowed to participate in Scottish Weekend.
- Attendance is at the discretion of the Scottish Weekend Committee.
- Children under 18 may attend if supervised full-time by their parents or,
occasionally, by another adult, if the registrar receives written parental
permission at least three weeks in advance of the weekend.
- Spectators may participate in all activities except classes and evening dances.
- All who participate in the dance classes and/or evening dances are expected
to have a minimum of six months of Scottish Dance instruction (except children's classes).
- If the committee determines an applicant's behavior has been or may be
offensive, dangerous, or disruptive to the enjoyment of the Weekend
experience for other participants, the Scottish Weekend Committee may decline
to accept that person's registration for a Scottish Weekend event. In such
a case the person's application and any payment will be returned as quickly
as is practicable with a brief letter informing the individual that his/her
application has not been accepted.
- If, during a Scottish Weekend event, an attendee displays offensive,
dangerous, or disruptive behavior, the Scottish Weekend Committee may ask
that individual to leave.
- Parents of children attending Scottish Weekend under the supervision of
an adult other than a parent or guardian must deliver permission forms to
the Registrar no later than three (3) weeks prior to the event. The forms
are available from the Registrar (see Contacts) or may be downloaded from the Scottish Weekend web site.
(policy approved by SW Committee, April 29, 2001, and May 11, 2002)